Welcome! We are all grateful to be part of a vibrant and enriching school community. But the school and the district can’t do it all themselves. That is where we come in.
Fundraising for things like smart boards, books, instruments, school assemblies and field trips is just the beginning. We also conduct programs and events that make our school community more social, more sustainable and more academically enriched. And we have fun doing it. Join us! Because it’s always Better Together!
Who we are
We are a proud group of active parents and caregivers who know that a school community is only as good as what our families put into it. We take pride in always looking for ways to build on or further enhance the great work our school administrators and teachers are already doing. After all, these treasured elementary years should be the best they can be.
You might be surprised to discover all that the PTO is doing. We are guided by the following principles:
- Foster a better sense of school community among teachers, students and parents by sponsoring social events such as the annual Fall Carnival, Pancake Breakfast, International Taste of Holmes, Annual Skating Party, and Spring Auction. See calendar for more details.
- Enrich our children’s scholastic endeavors with academic challenges like Rocket into Reading, Junior Great Books, the spelling bee, STEM week, Math Con, after-school Edge Programs, and tutoring.
- Promote healthy living and environmental responsibility with activities like our zero-waste lunch recycling program, earth tub composter, organic garden and garden tastings.
- Keep parents informed and engaged with communications like the school directory and Holmes Headlines weekly e-mail bulletins, Facebook page, and Twitter.
- Fundraising efforts such as our Annual Scholastic Book Fair, Annual Auction, and Gift Wrap Fundraiser, to support the above and help pay for things such as musical instruments, technology and supplies for the classrooms, all school assemblies and field trips.
- Be Better Together!