Who We Are
Welcome! We are all grateful to be part of a vibrant and enriching school community. But the school and the district can’t do it all themselves. That is where we come in. The Holmes Parent Teacher Organization includes a proud group of active parents and caregivers who know that a school community is only as good as what our families put into it. We take pride in always looking for ways to build on or further enhance the great work our school administrators and teachers are already doing. After all, these treasured elementary years should be the best they can be. The mission of the Holmes PTO is as follows:
The Holmes PTO promotes exceptional academics and connects diverse students, families, and staff through focus on service, community, and inclusion.
How do we do this? Fundraising for things like smart boards, books, instruments, school assemblies and field trips is just the beginning. We also conduct programs and events that make our school community more social, more sustainable and more academically enriched. And we have fun doing it. Join us! Because it’s always Better Together!
You might be surprised to discover all that the PTO is doing. We are guided by the following principles:
- Foster a better sense of school community among teachers, students and parents by sponsoring social events such as the annual Fall Carnival, Pancake Breakfast, International Taste of Holmes, and Annual Skating Party. See our Calendar of Events for more details.
- Enrich our children’s scholastic endeavors with academic challenges like Rocket into Reading, Junior Great Books, the spelling bee, STEM week, Math Con, after-school Edge Programs, and tutoring.
- Promote healthy living and environmental responsibility with activities like our zero-waste lunch recycling program, earth tub composter, organic garden and garden tastings.
- Keep parents informed and engaged with communications like the school directory and Holmes Headlines weekly e-mail bulletins, Facebook page, and Twitter.
- Fundraising efforts such as our Direct Drive, Dine Outs, Annual Scholastic Book Fair, and Trivia Night to support the above and help pay for things such as musical instruments, technology and supplies for the classrooms, all school assemblies and field trips.
- Be Better Together!